Last updated: 6 January, 2022
Thank you for using Notion Invoice! We created it to ease your invoicing pains and save you time. We hope this Terms of Service document will help you understand your responsibilities as well as ours.
When we say “Company”, “we”, “our”, or “us” in this document, we are referring to the owners of Notion Invoice, who are Farez Rahman and Jo Lodge, at this time.
When we say “Services”, we mean any product created and maintained by us, including any emails or communication that you use to interact with the product.
When we say “You” or “your”, we are referring to the people or organizations that own an account with Notion Invoice.
We may update these Terms of Service in the future. Typically these changes have been to clarify some of these terms by linking to an expanded related policy. Whenever we make a significant change to our policies, we will also announce them on our our Twitter account.
When you use our Services, now or in the future, you are agreeing to the latest Terms of Service. That's true for any of our existing and future products and all features that we add to our Services over time. There may be times when we do not exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service; in doing so, we are not waiving that right or provision. These terms do contain a limitation of our liability.
If you violate any of the terms, we may terminate your account. That's a broad statement and it means you need to place a lot of trust in us. We do our best to deserve that trust by being open about who we are, how we work, and keeping an open door to your feedback.
Notion Invoice is not affiliated with Notion nor the owners and shareholders of Notion.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. The Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You may not use the Services for any activities that are deemed illegal, abusive or discrimininatory in any country.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account. That includes content posted by others who either: (a) have access to your login credentials; or (b) have their own logins under your account.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- There is a limit to the number of invoices that you can create. Currently, this limit is 200 invoices per calendar month. Please do contact us if you need to have this limit raised.
Payment, Refunds, and Plan Changes
- When you sign up, you may use Notion Invoice for free for 30 days, as a trial. After the trial period, you need to pay in advance to keep using the Service. If you do not pay, we will freeze your account and it will be inaccessible until you make payment. If your account has been frozen for a while, we will queue it up for auto-cancellation.
- The price of the Service is USD $20 per month.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities. Where required, we will collect those taxes on behalf of the taxing authority and remit those taxes to taxing authorities. Otherwise, you are responsible for payment of all taxes, levies, or duties.
- We do not currently provide refunds, but you may cancel your subcription at any time.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. We provide a simple no-questions-asked cancellation link in your profile page. If you need help cancelling your account, you can always email us at email@example.com.
- All of your content will be inaccessible from the Services immediately upon account cancellation. Within 30 days, all content will be permanently deleted from active systems and logs. Within 60 days, all content will be permanently deleted from our backups. We cannot recover this information once it has been permanently deleted. If you want to export any data before your account is cancelled, you can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately, and you will not be charged again. We do not automatically prorate unused time in the last billing cycle.
- We have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of our Services for any reason at any time. Suspension means you and any other users on your account will not be able to access the account or any content in the account. Termination will furthermore result in the deletion of your account or your access to your account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your account. We also reserve the right to refuse the use of the Services to anyone for any reason at any time. We have this clause because statistically speaking, out of the hundreds of thousands of accounts on our Services, there is at least one doing something nefarious. There are some things we staunchly stand against and this clause is how we exercise that stance.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of Company employee or officer will result in immediate account termination.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Sometimes we change the pricing structure for our products. When we do that, we tend to exempt existing customers from those changes. However, we may choose to change the prices for existing customers. If we do so, we will give at least 30 days notice and will notify you via the email address on record. We may also post a notice about changes on our websites or the affected Services themselves.
Uptime, Security, and Privacy
- Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. We provide these Services on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We do not offer service-level agreements for any of our Services but do take uptime of our applications seriously.
- We reserve the right to temporarily disable your account if your usage significantly exceeds the average usage of other customers of the Services. Of course, we'll reach out to the account owner before taking any action except in rare cases where the level of use may negatively impact the performance of the Service for other customers.
- We take many measures to protect and secure your data through backups, redundancies, and encryption. We enforce encryption for data transmission from the public Internet. There are some edge cases where we may send your data through our network unencrypted.
To help you with support requests you make. We'll ask for express consent before accessing your account.
On the rare occasions when an error occurs that stops an automated process partway through. We get automated alerts when such errors occur. When we can fix the issue and restart automated processing without looking at any personal data, we do. In rare cases, we have to look at a minimum amount of personal data to fix the issue. In these rare cases, we aim to fix the root cause as much as possible to avoid the errors from reoccurring.
To safeguard Notion Invoice. We'll look at logs and metadata as part of our work to ensure the security of your data and the Services as a whole.
To the extent required by applicable law. As a UK company with all data infrastructure located in the UK, we only preserve or share customer data if compelled by a UK government authority with a legally binding order. If Notion Invoice is audited by a tax authority, we only share the bare minimum billing information needed to complete the audit.
- We use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Services.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- All content posted on the Services must comply with UK and EU copyright law.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Services. All materials uploaded remain yours.
- We do not pre-screen content, but reserve the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Services, use of the Services, or access to the Services without the express written permission by the Company.
- You must not modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Services or the Company.
Features and Bugs
We design our Services with care, based on our own experience and the experiences of customers who share their time and feedback. However, there is no such thing as a service that pleases everybody. We make no guarantees that our Services will meet your specific requirements or expectations.
We also test all of our features extensively before shipping them. As with any software, our Services inevitably have some bugs. We track the bugs reported to us and work through priority ones, especially any related to security or privacy. Not all reported bugs will get fixed and we don't guarantee completely error-free Services.
We mention liability throughout these Terms but to put it all in one section:
You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable, in law or in equity, to you or to any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, lost profits, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Services; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Services; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to this Terms of Service or the Services, whether as a breach of contract, tort (including negligence whether active or passive), or any other theory of liability.
In other words: choosing to use our Services does mean you are making a bet on us. If the bet does not work out, that's on you, not us. We do our utmost to be as safe a bet as possible through careful management of the business; investments in security, infrastructure, and talent; and in general caring about the value we provide you. If you choose to use our Services, thank you for betting on us.
If you have a question about any of the Terms of Service, please email us at email@example.com.
Adapted from the Basecamp open-source policies / CC BY 4.0